Lander Ground segment
The ROSETTA LANDER GROUND SEGMENT is composed of two entities:
The Science Operation and Navigation Centre (SONC), located at CNES in Toulouse (France), in charge of overall Rosetta Lander Navigation and science co-ordination including:
- Data retrieval & supervision,
- HouseKeeping and Science data processing,
- HouseKeeping and Science data display,
- Lander Science Operation scheduling,
- Lander Science Monitoring,
- Lander status & operations reporting,
- Landing site selection: trajectory computation, landing location uncertainties, illumination, slopes,
- Assistance to the landing site selection process,
- Orbital events calculation and provision,
- Lander attitude & position determination after landing,
- Data Archiving,
- 3D visualisation.
More detailed information about the SONC.
The Lander Control Centre (LCC), located at DLR/MUSC in Cologne (Germany), in charge of Rosetta Lander operations including:
- Supervision of the lander through telemetry and analysis processing,
- Commanding the Lander,
- Managing Rosetta Lander Resources and providing SONC with the resource envelope for the scientific operations,
- Operating and maintaining the Lander ground reference model,
- Providing subsystem suppliers with processed telemetry data,
- Providing PIs with payload raw or processed data (on PI request only and in co-ordination with SONC),
- Coordinating Rosetta Lander operation activities with Rosetta operation centres and subsystem suppliers,
- Archiving all information (telemetry, telecommand, auxiliary data...) received or sent from the LCC,
- Maintaining Rosetta Lander platform and payload operations know-how.
More detailed information about the LCC.